Thursday, 28 April 2011

A few swatches from the China Glaze Kaleidoscope collection!

The China Glaze Kaleidoscope collection was released a few years ago, in 2006 according to Wikipedia but I'm not sure how accurate that is, and there is still so much hype about it even now. People on various nail polish forums I browse are paying ridiculous amounts per bottle, the same can be said for remaining bottles from the OMG collection that keep cropping up on eBay.

The Kaleidoscope collection is made up of 12 beautiful holographic shades, I was lucky enough to find the whole set (apart from one) I will swatch them all eventually but haven't go around to wearing them all yet.

The colours include:
  • Tickle My Triangle - a dark pink, fuchsia holo.
  • Don't Be A Square - a medium pink holo.
  • Rated Holographic - a peachy-pink holo.
  • Spin Me Round - a tan, almost coffee coloured holo. One of my personal favourites!
  • It's My Turn - a  gold coloured holo.
  • How About A Tumble? - a pretty, light purple holo.
  • Octa-Gone Wild - a purple holo, not too dissimilar to OPI DS Original.
  • He's Going In Circles - a light aqua, sea-foam green holo.
  • Kaleidoscope Him Out - light blue holo.
  • Visit Me In Prism - a really light lavender-silvery purple holo.
  • Sexagon - silver holo.
  • Let's Do It In 3-D - dark grey/black holo.

Here they are, the only one that's missing is 'Tickle My Triangle.'


First up, He's Going In Circles:




I really love this colour, I'm just not sure I love it on me, which is a shame.
I'm not going to lie, all of these polishes are a pain in the arse to apply. They are really thin and dry quickly, but they need at least 3 coats to look their best. If you're not careful they drag really, really badly so it's best to give each coat at least 15 minutes to dry even though they feel dry to the touch within seconds.

I will post photos of the rest as and when I wear them.

Thanks for reading,

Amy.

3 comments:

  1. Love this colour but I'd probably be too impatient for it too!
    Elspeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nailderella - I bought them on eBay. They were all brand new, and the warm pallet was still in the box, I can't recommend her enough - http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/ideacosmetics. She usually has a few holos for sale :)

    ReplyDelete